Although it was a minor version in numbering it could be argued that this is a new mayor version of Mayan EDMS if it were for the amount of new features and improvements!
This version took barely 4 months to be completed. More than 70 issues closed, and 800+ commits were added to the repository. Some of the most important features and additions include:
- A complete move to Celery for background task processing, including thumbnail generation.
- Much expanded REST API.
- Sending documents link or documents as attachments via email.
- New release cycle with focus of maintenance and support.
- Receiving documents via email (IMAP and POP supported).
- Addition of watched folders.
- No more segfaults when generating PDF.
- Browser memory usage reduction, hundred page documents load and display much better.
- Per user language and timezone settings.
- Optional and required metadata per document types.
- Explicit testing against PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite.
- Per document language setting.
- Metadata validation and parsing.
- Document workflows.
Big thanks to all contributors, testers, translators, and mailing members, and big thanks to our two corporate sponsors: Cryptico Corp. and S.A. LLC, their support allowed me to work full time on Mayan EDMS these past 4 months.
Enjoy Mayan EDMS 1.1!