An electronic signature, or e-signature, is any electronic means that indicates either that a person adopts the contents of an electronic message, or more broadly that the person who claims to have written a message is the one who wrote it (and that the message received is the one that was sent).
Versioning is a process by which documents are checked in or out of the document management system, allowing users to retrieve previous versions and to continue work from a selected point. Versioning is useful for documents that change over time and require updating, but it may be necessary to go back to or reference a previous copy.
Optical character recognition, usually abbreviated to OCR, is the mechanical or electronic conversion of scanned images of handwritten, typewritten or printed text into machine-encoded text. It is widely used as a form of data entry from some sort of original paper data source, whether documents, sales receipts, mail, or any number of printed records. It is a common method of digitizing printed texts so that they can be electronically searched, stored more compactly, displayed on-line, and used in machine processes such as machine translation, text-to-speech and text mining.
- Dynamic default values for metadata
- Filesystem integration
- User defined document unique identifier and checksum algorithms
- Local file or server side file uploads
- Batch upload many documents with the same meta-data
- Previews for a great deal of image formats, including PDF
- Full text searching
- Configurable document grouping
- Permissions and roles support
- Multi page document support
- Distributed OCR processing
- Multilingual user interface: English, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal) Russian, Italian, Polish, German, French, Bulgarian and Dutch.
- Duplicated document search
- Plugable storage backends (File based and GridFS included)
- Color coded tagging
Quick introduction video
Bulk upload documents directly or by using a staging folder to receive scanned documents. Organize using document classes and custom meta-data as well as automatic document grouping. Find document by means of full text searching, either meta-data, document properties, content extracted from PDFs or transcribed by OCR.